Dates

In 1933 Children's library was established
In 1935 after the death of the children's writer Atabek Khnkoyan, in memory of the writer the library was named after Khnko Aper
In 1962 according to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Armenian SSR, December 8, the library becomes republican and begins to perform the coordination of school and children's libraries of the republic.
Since 1963 the library has been implementing publishing activities.
In 1980 the library moved to a new building at Teryan Street.
In 1982 for its fruitful activity the library was awarded with scientific first degree.
Since 1980 the library has implemented "Children's book and music week" project.
1997-2011 there was acting "German reading hall" of Goethe's institute of GDR.
In 1998 "Arpi" theatrical studio was established.
Since 2001 the library has become the founding member of "Consortium of libraries of Armenia".
Since 2002 in cooperation with the Armenian library association it has implemented the project called "National library week".
In 2003 according to the resolution of the government of Republic of Armenia the library was recognized as National Children's Library after Khnko Aper.
Since 2004 the library has joined the activities of creation of "Armenian library combined automation network".
Since 2006 there is a "Iranian reading hall" in the library.
Since 2007 the library has implemented the project called "Library night".
Since 2010 the library has been organizing international book art festival called "Back to book".
Since 2010 the library has implemented library's authorized storytelling project "Fairy Tale Ambassadors".
Since 2013 the library is a member of IBBY - International Board on Books for Young People.
Since 2014 there is a Chinese Corner in the library.


Library address


42/1 Teryan street, 0001 Yerevan
Tel.: +37410 521222; fax: +37410520852
Email: gradaran@childlib.am   
Web: www.natchildlib.org 
The library is open Monday-Saturday 10.00-17.00 
Հետեւեք մեզ Facebook-ում